Virtual Funder Briefing: Youth Transforming School & Community Safety
The Funders' Collaborative on Youth Organizing, in collaboration with Communities for Just Schools Fund, held a Virtual Funder Brief: Youth Transforming School and Community Safety on MArch 21, 201a. This Virtual Funder Brief created the opportunity for Funders and Donors interested in the current conversations and actions regarding school community safety to learn more about youth-led grassroots efforts.
The brief highlighted:
- The holistic movement to end violence and transform school and community safety led by young people of color
- Reflections on the walkouts and next steps for future actions and policy change
- How to center narratives and policies with a racial justice lens
- Victories and campaigns that are already in place to create safe, healthy and just schools and communities
- What Funders and Donors can do to support this young people in this moment