Funder Briefing - Youth Organizing in the South: A New Generation Driving Change
Location change update:In order to accommodate our growing group, we have found a new location just a half mile from the original location. The briefing will now be held at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta in the Ballroom, located at 181 Peachtree Street N.E. in Atlanta, Georgia. Lunch will be provided.
The Funders’ Collaborative on Youth Organizing invites Funders to join us on June 4th for a funder briefing focused on how young people today from across the South are building on long traditions of youth and intergenerational organizing.
From the civil rights movement to current efforts for safe communities and just schools, young people from across the South have always been at the forefront of advocating for just and equitable communities. Building on this proud tradition, a new generation of Southern young people is leading efforts to advance health, justice, equity, and dignity. New research shows that engaging young people in organizing can not only create stronger communities, but is also one of the best ways to support young people’s holistic development.
FCYO, in collaboration with Grantmakers for Southern Progress, The Highlander Research and Education Center, Project South, The Southeastern Council of Foundations, Southern Echo, Inc., Southern Vision Alliance and The United Way of Greater Atlanta invite you to Atlanta, GA to engage with youth leaders and local and national funders to discuss how to support young people as drivers of community change across the South.
- Hear from young leaders from across the South about how they are building on long standing organizing traditions and innovating new ways to develop leaders and advance justice and equity.
- Explore the latest research findings on the multiple outcomes of youth organizing.
- Strategize with both local and national funders on how to sustainably support youth led social change in urban and rural areas across the South.
Panels and Speakers
- History of Intergenerational Organizing in the South
- Political Significance of the South
- Youth Organizing to Support Individual Development
- Funder Journey Stories
For those who will need to book lodging, we'll have a block of hotel rooms at the Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta at 181 Peachtree Street N.E.at a discounted group rate of $189.00. There are two registration options:
- Guests can contact their call center at 1-800-241-3333 and state they are coming to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta for the FCYO Southern Funder Briefing, provide the agent with their requested dates of stay and the agent will identify the group rate of $189.00.
- Guests can reserve online at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/georgia/atlanta, enter their desired dates of stay, enter the seven letter group code FCYFCYA and click check availability to complete the reservation process.