FCYO is Hiring an Operations and Admin Associate
The Funders’ Collaborative on Youth Organizing (FCYO) seeks a highly-organized, passionate and multi-talented candidate with a commitment to supporting youth-led social justice to fill a new Operations and Administrative Associate (OAA) position that will manage financial, administrative, and logistics support to the organization’s expanded programming. Reporting to the Co-Executive Director and working closely with Finance and Operations Manager, the OAA will support FCYO’s current and emerging programming across areas including: financial management, grant and contract management, event planning and logistics, and executive administrative support. The ideal candidate brings a strong commitment to social justice issues, attention to detail, eagerness to work in the youth organizing sector, experience with financial management, logistics, and administrative duties, and the ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic, fluid workplace environment. FCYO is a fully remote organization and the OAA can be located anywhere in the US. Some travel required when FCYO resumes travel (anticipated to be in Summer 2021).
Financial Management (20%): The OAA work closely with the Finance and Operations Manager to support the organizations financial, grant, and contract management. Specific responsibilities include, collecting and reconciling credit card reports and collecting and submitting check requests to our fiscal sponsor.
Grant and Contract Management (20%): The OAA will assist with FCYO’s outgoing grant and contract management. This includes insuring grant agreements are signed, grants are paid, and grant reports are collected. The OAA will also help manage FCYO’s contracts and payments to consultants and vendors.
Logistics (30%): The OAA will work with program staff to manage the logistics for multiple program-specific convenings and meetings, as well as FCYO staff and Board of Advisors meetings, across the country. This will include planning meetings, booking travel and accommodations, coordinating with vendors, coordinating and providing transportation, and providing on-the-ground support to manage logistics of events across the country as well as helping to shape the overall events.
Executive Administrative Support (30%): The OAA will provide administrative support to FCYO’s Co-Directors. This includes scheduling meetings, managing calendars, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a professional environment
- Interest in fields related to current program initiatives (community organizing, youth development, youth civic engagement, food justice, school wellness, and public health) strongly desired
- Strong aptitude for, and interest in, administrative, financial, and operational processes
- Experience with Office 365 including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint and ability to learn other software as needed (strong skills in excel pivot tables and formulas preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in event or meeting management, with the highest degree of attention to detail and demonstrated poise under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse range of people
- Handles multiple priorities and meets deadlines, and anticipates and proactively responds to work requests
- Demonstrates positive attitude and values collaboration and teamwork
- Strong commitment to social, economic and racial justice issues
- Consistent and dependable for full-time work and able to work overtime when needed
Candidate must have the ability to communicate via voice telephone and teleconference, read and understand written communication, and generate written communication manually and using a computer. Candidate must have the ability to travel by airplane, and handle on-the-ground logistics for convenings, traveling and meeting with multiple vendors and transporting meeting materials. Candidate must also have the ability to sit at a desk for 2-3 hours at a time, lift and move documents and supplies not to exceed 25 lbs., and bend to file and retrieve documents.
Travel Requirements: 2-5 days of national travel per month. FCYO is anticipating resuming travel in summer 2021.
Job Type: Full-Time, exempt.
Start Date: March 1, 2020
Salary is $60,000 to $70,000 commensurate with experience. A full benefits package is included.
FCYO is a project of and fiscally sponsored by Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice. FCYO and Bend the Arc value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction, or any other legally protected status. Women, people of color, disabled people, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through February 12, 2021 and interviews will happen throughout.
# # #